Monday, February 20, 2012

The Books Rock Competition

By: Melania Mihalcea                     Date: 20/02/2012
FOR THE BOOKS ROCK BOOKS REVIEW

What is this book about?

There is a trilogy of the secret series. I am only going to be talking about book 1 in this review. Now, to be honest with you, this is what the author said: "To help you follow my story, I'm going to break my own rule-already!- and I'm going to give my characters names and faces. But remember these aren't their real names and faces." From this quote, I think you understood that the characters I am going to tell you about are not with their real names and faces. As it is said in the title, everything is secret. "This is a story about a secret, but it also contains a secret story," says Bosch. Now, onto a summary of what happened...
Cassandra (or Cass) is a survivalist full of predictions of disaster. Not that she wanted them to happen, though. She also had big ears. Max- Ernest, a talkative boy driven by logic and code-breaking skills, makes friends with Cass and become collaborators when they discover The Symphony of Smells and want to know the secret behind it. They accidentally stumble upon the mystery of a dead magician's hidden diary, and the hunt of immortality.This also strongly includes Ms.Mauvais and Dr. L, the enemy that causes the mystery.
I am sorry if that is not enough information about it, but if I want to make you read it, I don't think that including the whole story is a good idea.

Why should you or someone else read it?

I think that you should read it because ,first of all, I didn't tell you what it is about. Second of all, this book is filled with word games and anagrams and featuring a mysterious author, this is a book that won't stay a secret for long. Third of all, this book is A BOOK SENSE WINTER CHILDREN'S PICK, AN EDGAR AWARD NOMINEE, AN E.B WHITE AWARD NOMINEE, A NYPL BOOK FOR THE TEEN AGE, A NAPPA GOLD BOOK, AND AN ABC BOOK FOR CHILDREN. I recommend this book for the whole family. "Playful voice, engaging characters, and unusual plot...a delight to read." -Kidreads.com. Even though this is a quote, this one just described the whole next paragraph I was about to do.  I strongly believe that this is one of my favorite books I have ever read. It is so great, in a way that you cannot describe in words, only have the feeling after you read it. It is so Enchanting...

Thank You!



No comments:

Post a Comment